We are looking for a designer who likes to code to help us communicate the benefits of SecretHub by creating landing pages and illustrations!
Are you the one?
All software needs secrets to access other resources: database passwords, API tokens, encryption keys. Unfortunately, these secrets usually end up in plaintext code, making them not so secure.
SecretHub is a developer tool that prevents critical security breaches and removes development and operations bottlenecks by helping DevOps teams to securely provision passwords and keys across their entire IT infrastructure. Encryption, access controls, and audit logging are all built-in. And the best part? It can all be implemented with just a few lines of code.
Our startup consists of young software engineers and experienced serial-entrepreneurs. You'll be working closely with the founders and the development team to bring SecretHub to the next level.
One of the biggest challenges our company faces right now is in creative design and website development. How do we explain a complex technical product to both hardcore developers (the end-users) and tech-savvy managers that don’t need to know all the nitty gritty details (the buyers)? Design is a powerful tool in this translation process, as it can simplify something really complex with only one or two images.
This is where you come in.
We need you to help us make the website, graphics and all other content appealing to both the developer and the enterprise.
If you're the kind of person we're looking for, this should ring a bell:
- To serif or to sans-serif? This and bad kerning keep you awake at night.
- You love creating landing pages that help readers understand the information in front of them in an approachable manner. And then makes them take action.
- You’re a designer first, but you actually love getting your hands dirty by implementing your beautiful designs in code.
- You must have a scrapbook at home with beautiful illustrations that don’t need any words to drive the point home. Just kidding, we don’t need you to be that crazy about it. Just crazy enough.
- Subtle SEO that doesn’t get in your way makes your head tingle. The awkwardness of Creative Designers stuffing too many Creative Design Keywords in job listings for Creative Designers makes you cringe.
- Seeing a beautiful OG image pop up in Slack makes your heart beat faster.
- Besides professional passion, you actually have a life outside of work. Interesting people make happy teams.
- You like freedom. It fuels your ideas.
- Every day is an opportunity to learn something you didn’t know yesterday.
- You’re comfortable taking responsibility for building a vital part of the business.
- You receive feedback as candidly and constructively as you give it.
- Preferably you’re available on-site for 3 or more days a week in our Delft office (the Netherlands), but we’re open to remote people in the EU and US timezone too. Normally, we have occasional working from home days, but with the global crisis at the moment we’re obviously all working from home.
- You have experience in website and graphic design. We’d love to see some examples!
- The pages you build are meant to be found. SEO isn’t a hard problem for you.
- You have a keen eye for user experience design.
- Experience with the Jekyll framework is a nice plus, though we expect to have you up and running in no time.
- You’re comfortable writing in Markdown and submitting pull requests on GitHub.
- You can communicate your ideas clearly, both on paper and in person.
- You are fluent in English.
- If you’re scrolling through our website and think: “Gee, I could’ve made this even more swanky”, come give us a shout!
What we can offer you
- The usual: a competitive salary and stock options.
- A hardworking team that doesn't shy away from hypothesizing how to improve the world.
- Budget to keep you curious and your brain learning.
- Coaching in professional growth from a licensed professional.
- Weekly Friday afternoon socials, which have a 50% chance of escalation and a 50% chance of serious (board)game competition.
Still reading and thinking "this is so me"? Hit us up for a quick chat to see if we'd enjoy working together.
Even when you feel you don't fit the bill 100%, just give us a call! Nobody is perfect.
Please add your CV and how you found us to your email.Third party recruitment not welcome.