Initialize new in v0.33.0
The init command is usually the first command you run on a machine on which you want to use SecretHub:
secrethub init [options]
If you give no options to the command, it asks you what method you want to use to setup your account:
- Sign up for a new account
- Use this if you have not previously used SecretHub and want to create a new account.
- Use a backup code to recover an existing account
- Use this if you already have a SecretHub account.
Backup codes can be created using the
secrethub credential backupcommand. You can directly skip to this option by using the
--backup-codeflag (see below).
- The backup code that should be used to initialize a SecretHub account on this device.
Backup codes consist of 8 groups of 8 hexadecimal characters (e.g.
12345678-90ABCDEF-12345678-90ABCDEF-12345678-90ABCDEF-12345678-90ABCDEF). If this flag is provided, you are not prompted for which initialization method to use.